About Me, Anxiety

3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge: Day Three

The final day of the 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge as tagged by Hannah from Hannah’s Bookshelf. Thank you so much for tagging me. If you’re not already following her then please do.

Rules

• Thank the person who nominated you.
  • Post a quote each day for three consecutive days.
  • Nominate three new bloggers a day.

Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage. 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery. And I promise you something great will come of it.

I adore this quote. There is 100% truth to it. All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage and 20 seconds of embarrassing bravery for something incredible to happen. Whenever I face anything that terrifies me, anxiety related or not, I remind myself of this quote. The most recent instance was when I started college three weeks ago (I’m going to post about that experience soon). If I hadn’t of allowed myself a few seconds of bravery, then I would never have been able to make friends on this course. It may be embarrassing and it may be absolutely terrifying but it’s entirely true that 20 seconds, if that, is all you need. Even if the outcome isn’t exactly what you want, it’s still such an incredible achievement because you moved outside of your comfort zone and allowed yourself to embrace the courage and bravery you have inside of you. And if you think you’re the exception then I hate to burst your bubble but that could not be further from the truth. We’re all capable. We all have it within us. It’s time you started to believe in it and in yourself.

The three bloggers I’m going to nominate are:

1. Karlena
  2. Alex
  3. Poppy

10 Comments

1. Alex

September 22, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Thank you so much for tagging me Kelly ! And thank you for sharing those inspiring quotes !

1. paperbackadventures

September 23, 2018 at 4:11 pm

You’re welcome! I can’t wait to see what quotes you pick 😊

2. Aimee (Aimee, Always)

September 23, 2018 at 3:27 pm

You chose a fantastic quote, Kelly!!! I love it, and it’s so true. I think it’ll be even truer for me now that I’m a university freshman, and I know there are a lot of opportunities that I’ll need those 20 seconds of courage to seize. 💕

1. paperbackadventures

September 23, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Thank you so much! University is such a huge change so you’ve already taken the first steps of bravery to go. You’ve got this. Good luck with your studies, I’m sure you’re going to do amazing 💜

3. Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books

September 23, 2018 at 6:26 pm

This is such a great quote, it’s one of my favorites as well – actually, I have that one plastered on my walls haha to remember it. It’s so inspiring 🙂
    Thank you for sharing! <3 <3

4. Reading Habits Book Tag|I Might Have a Few Bad Habits….♥ – Bookishly Bree

September 23, 2018 at 7:34 pm

[…]                                                              Kay |Kelly|Carolina|Alyssa|Anyone Who Wants To Do […]

5. Ruth

October 2, 2018 at 11:44 am

This is one of my favourite quotes, too!!

1. paperbackadventures

October 2, 2018 at 7:50 pm

It’s so good, I absolutely love it!

6. Bexa

October 3, 2018 at 7:56 am

I’ve never heard this quote before, but I think it’s brilliant! Thank you for sharing Kelly. I totally agree, 20 seconds is sometimes all we need to make a decision which can really push us out of our comfort zones. That’s awesome that it worked and you made friends on your college course. That’s really inspirational to read and I wish you all the best in your studies too! Great post lovely! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

1. paperbackadventures

October 6, 2018 at 12:12 pm

It’s a quote I heard years ago and it’s always stuck with me so I was really excited to share it with everyone. I think it’s definitely one of those quotes that people should hear at least once in their lifetime. Thank you so much, Bexa 💖