I finally finished Children of Blood and Bone, yaaaas!
October was a better month for reading compared to the last couple of months. While I didn’t get to completely stick to the TBR I had set myself for the month, I did manage to read five and a half books. A half because I was pretty much two thirds through another by the end of the month but only finished it yesterday. Don’t look at me like that, it counts!
I can’t tell you how happy I was to finish this book at last. I am in love with the world Tomi Adeyemi has created. I’m so annoyed at myself for having taken so long to read it. I’m absolutely buzzing for the sequel! You can read my full review here.
The other books I read in October were:
You can read the review for And The You Were Gone here.
And, finally, my half book was:
The Grisha trilogy is my newfound favourite book series! The review for Shadow and Bone will be up later this week. Spoiler: I loved it! I’m on the last book of the series and can’t get enough. I can’t wait to start Six of Crows!
My TBR for this month is going to be finishing the Grisha trilogy, reading Six of Crows, and finally getting to one of my most anticipated reads The Cruel Prince. I’m on a book buying ban *sob* because of Christmas. It’s a toss-up between buying Christmas presents for my family and friends or funding my reading addiction. I mean, do they really need presents? I’m sure my family and friends will understand… right? But, on the chance that they really do want gifts, then I’m going to dedicate the next two months to reading as many ARCs as I can to boost my rating on NetGalley and hopefully discover some brand new authors.
OTHER OCTOBER GOALS
I also gave myself some other goals for October and I think I got on pretty well.
- To publish a post at least twice a week – I think I’ve done pretty well with this and have managed to post at least twice a week since the start of October. I’m going to try and keep to this schedule for November.
- To read at least one book a week – Considering I read five (and a half) books in October, I think I’ve done this!
- To pass both exams with distinctions – I only took one exam in October (the other was rescheduled for this month) and we haven’t had our results for that exam yet but I’m hoping we will next week. I feel like I did pretty well so hopefully my results will reflect that.
- To have written my personal statement for university – This is the only goal I haven’t completed. I’m having such a hard time trying to sell myself to the admitting officers for my top uni choices that I’ve only written a sentence. If anyone has any tips then feel free to hit me up!
- And start posting on Instagram again – Well, I did start posting again. I think I posted three times. Better than nothing, right? I’m considering deleting it all and starting again, but I’m not sure.
Overall, I think October was a pretty good month!
I’m not going to give myself many goals for November. I have three exams, two presentations, and an office move for work going on over the next two months so my focus is going to be on college work. I’m hoping to keep to my schedule of posting twice a week (three times if I can manage it) and read as much as I can. I’m also attempting NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, for anyone unfamiliar with it) this month (whyyyy do I do this to myself?) and I have an idea I’m absolutely buzzing over the idea I have. I’m not expecting to do all 50,000 words for it, but I’m going to give it a good shot.
What did you read in October and what are you planning to read in November? Do you have any goals for November? Are any of you doing NaNoWriMo this month? I’d love to know!