The absolutely lovely Angela from Hiding Behind Books tagged me to do the ‘Would You Rather’ challenge. Angela, as a book blogger, put a bookish spin on it and only asked bookish related questions that almost DESTROYED me to answer! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE?! Somehow – and I don’t know how – I did 😂
Show Angela some love – she, and her blog, rock!
- Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
- Make up your own questions and tag others
WOULD YOU RATHER BE STUCK ON AN ISLAND WITHOUT BOOKS, OR STUCK IN A LIBRARY FULL OF BOOKS YOU CAN’T READ?
This is your first question?! Angelaaaa, what are you doing to me?
Definitely stuck on an island without books. Being in a library and not being able to read any of the books would be pure torture.
WOULD YOU RATHER READ ALL THE BOOKS EXCEPT THOSE WRITTEN BY YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR, OR READ ONLY THE BOOKS WRITTEN BY YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR AND NOTHING ELSE? COINCIDENTALLY, WHO’S YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR?!
I want to say only the books by my favourite author because I LOVE any book that V.E. Schwab comes out with, but I feel like if I read books except for those written by my favourite author then I might discover a new favourite author and be able to read books by V.E. Schwab again, so really it’s a win-win situation right there.
WOULD YOU RATHER READ A BOOK WITH A CLIFFHANGER, OR READ A BOOK WITH A HEARTBREAKING ENDING?
A cliffhanger. Always a cliffhanger. At least then there’s an opportunity for another book. Unless it’s a book that ends on a cliffhanger without a sequel… ‘m making this so much worse for myself… If that happens then I’m throwing it off a cliff.
These questions are pure evil!
WOULD YOU RATHER THROW YOUR FAVORITE BOOK INTO THE OCEAN, OR HAVE A FRIEND NEVER RETURN IT?
Have a friend never return it. At least then there’s the possibility that it’s in good hands.
WHO WOULD YOU RATHER SAVE FROM LORD VOLDEMORT, HAGRID OR NEVILLE?
I repeat: these questions are pure evil!
ANGELA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!
It’s gotta be my boy, Hagrid. I love Neville. I really do. But Hagrid is just so pure and precious.
WOULD YOU RATHER WRITE A BOOK THAT NEVER SELLS, OR HIRE A GHOSTWRITER WHO WOULD GUARANTEE YOU SOME BESTSELLERS?
For me, it wouldn’t be about the money I’d make, but the story that gets told.
There’s one quote from Maya Angelou that really sums this up for me and that is:
‘There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.’
WOULD YOU RATHER BE WITH YOUR (FAVORITE!) BOOK BOYFRIEND, OR YOUR REAL-LIFE CRUSH?
Real-life crush all the way.
Then again, I’m lucky enough to be engaged and spending every day with my real-life crush!
WOULD YOU RATHER READ THE FIRST HALF OF A BOOK AND NEVER THE ENDING, OR THE LAST HALF OF THE BOOK BUT NEVER THE BEGINNING?
The last half of the book but never the beginning. I read a book to get to the end. The beginning is mostly filler to set the scene and introduce the characters. The ending is the heart of the book. It’s where the magic happens.
WOULD YOU RATHER SPEND THE DAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER, OR SPEND THE DAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR?
I don’t have a favourite character (there is NO WAY I’m choosing between them all), so favourite author it is! I wouldn’t mind getting to ask questions about the characters they’ve created, the world’s they’ve imagined up, finding out about their creative process first-hand, and getting to know them. Is there anything better than that?
WOULD YOU RATHER LOSE THE ABILITY TO READ NEW BOOKS, OR LOSE THE ABILITY TO REREAD BOOKS?
Definitely lose the ability to re-read books. I know it means I’d never get to read another Harry Potter book again (*sob*) BUT I find, personally, that I never get the same feeling re-reading a book (Harry Potter not included) as I did the first time I read it. There’s magic in reading a book for the very first time. At least with the books that I’ve already read and would be giving up re-reading, I’ve been able to experience them at least once. There are millions of books out there just waiting to be discovered. I could never give that up.
- Would you rather your favourite book be adapted into a movie or your favourite movie adapted into a book?
- Would you rather listen to an audiobook that’s playing the book backwards, or listen to an audiobook that’s being read out in monotone?
- Would you rather spend the day with your favourite main character and have them hate you, or spend the day with your least favourite villain and have them love you?
- Would you rather get an exclusive book straight from your favourite author, hate it, and have to tell them you hate it, or never read a book from your favourite author ever again?
- Would you rather have a friend borrow your book but dog-ear the pages, or write all over the pages?
- Would you rather be sentenced to jail for the rest of your life but have access to every book ever published, or never go to jail but be unable to read another book for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather only read books from your favourite genre forever, or read books from all other genres but your favourite for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather read the last chapter of the book before starting to read it, or never read the last chapter of a book ever again?
- Would you rather wait ten years for the final book in a series, or have it straight away but have to read every spoiler about it before you can start reading it?
- Would you rather only ever read series of books, or only ever read standalone books?
So those are the questions that I’ve come up with!
To answer them, I tag: